Welcome to our Travel Clinic.
Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, it is important to be prepared for your trip with medicines and treatments that might come in handy. Illness can strike at any time, but you can be prepared with a range of medications for common travel conditions from our Travel Clinic.
Please review our dedicated Travel pages for more information and solutions for the most commonly-experienced Travel Complaints… Anti-Malarials, Travel Sickness, Jet Lag, and Traveller’s Diarrhoea.
Travel Clinic: Common Overseas Travel Complaints
Whilst some potentially serious medical conditions are more common outside of the UK, the vast majority of travel health complaints are irritations rather than serious complications. However, at the time when you need your health the most to enable you to enjoy your time overseas, you are more prone to:
- Travel sickness
- Jet lag
- Diarrhoea (from poor hygiene or undercooked food & tap water)
- Insect bites and reactions to insect bites
- Skin infections
- Cold sores (from exposure to harsh sunlight)
- Eye and ear infections (easily contracted in swimming pools)
- Cuts and grazes with the potential for infection
- Yeast infections such as vaginal thrush or athletes foot
Unfortunately, medical help is not always readily available in some parts of the world. By packing some key medicines to take with you on your travels, you can be prepared for even the worst-case scenario.
Our Travel Clinic provides treatment solutions for four of the most common travel complaints; Anti-Malarials, Jet Lag, Traveller’s Diarrhoea, and Travel Sickness